NOTARY PUBLIC APPOINTMENT (KRS 423.010)
Please visit the Kentucky Secretary of State website to begin the process of becoming a Notary Public in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. The Kentucky Secretary of State’s office will send a confirmation that the notary’s certificate is available.
- Call 859-824-3321 option 3 to confirm the certificate is available for recording
- The applicant must come to the Grant County Clerk’s Office to be sworn in
- The notary must provide government issued ID and the surety bond
- Surety bond must be a with an insurance company that is current with the KY Insurance Board
- Surety bond amount is $1,000.00
- Recording fee of $19.00 is required ($10.00 for recording the bond, $4.00 for taking/preparing the bond, and $5.00 for administering the oath. KRS 64.012)